The sweet tea vinaigrette can be made using any good quality loose leaf tea. Teas from different regions will add different flavours to this simple vinaigrette. This tea vinaigrette is perfect with any salad – from green leafy vegetable salads to grilled shrimps or grilled chicken.
- 1 cup sweetened tea made with loose leaf black tea
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- Bring the loose leaf tea to a boil in a saucepan over medium-low heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer for 9 to 10 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Remove from heat; cool 20 minutes. Whisk in vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, and salt. Whisk in canola oil in a slow, steady stream.
Recipe source: Southern Living