You know my two favourite things? Tea (of course) and PRAWNS. I absolutely love prawns, cooked in any form and in any cuisine. So when I stumbled across this delicious recipe of grilled shrimps with a tea vinaigrette, I had to add it to my recipe book and of course share it with my readers on theteashelf. Find the tea vinaigrette recipe.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 kg peeled, jumbo raw shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large fresh peaches, cut into 8 wedges each
- 1 cup salad greens
- Sweet Tea Vinaigrette (see recipe)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (or feta, if blue cheese is not available)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Devein shrimp, if desired, and toss with olive oil.
- Grill shrimp, covered with grill lid, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Grill peach wedges 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear.
- Toss salad greens with Sweet Tea Vinaigrette; season with salt and pepper to taste, and top with grilled shrimp, peaches, crumbled cheese and pecans. Serve immediately.
Recipe source: Southern Living