Should you torture yourself in this scorching heat with a drink that is hot too? Absolutely, not! We understand the need for coolers in the scorching heat. So, in order to beat the heat of summer, here are some healthy iced tea recipes to refresh you in a delicious way.
In a world that surrounds us with fast food; weight gain, obesity and other issues related to the body have become a topic of major concern. With the internet filled with too much information, it is difficult to find one, single, solution for weight loss. Staying Fit is the new mantra, be it with gymming, yoga, swimming, or dieting.
So while you explore the best suitable option for you to stay fit and shed that extra pound, we have rounded up some exciting yet healthy Iced Tea recipes to keep you going even in the summer heat.
Peach Mint Iced Tea
How to make?
Bring the water to boil and add Peach Mint Green Tea leaves in it. 1 teaspoon of tea in one cup of water. If you wish to make the drink for more than one person, add more tea and water accordingly.
Now, add some mints and peach slices in a glass and crush them well, till the peaches are semi-solid. Carefully, add the hot tea infused water into the pitcher. Let the water sit in the glass and let it cool down. Use a sieve to filter out the tea leaves and pulp from the drink.
Refrigerate overnight. And enjoy the drink the next day. Don’t forget to add ice cubes, and honey, generously! Garnish with mint leaves or cut peaches.
- Increase metabolism: Peaches increase metabolism. Thus, the breakdown of calories become faster!
- Rich in Fibre: Peaches are high in dietary fibres. Fibres aid in digestion. This further leads to a smooth bowel movement.
- Low In calorie: Apart from having high water content, peaches are also low in calorie. During weight loss, you have to keep a check on your calorie intake. So, having this fruit helps you maintain the count, while also making you feel fuller for a long time.
Lemongrass Ginger Iced Tea
How to make?
For this simple energy drink, you will need to first boil a glass of water and add 1 and a half teaspoon of Lemongrass Ginger Tea leaves. Allow the tea to steep for 4 mins before using a sieve to filter out the tea leaves.
Add lemon a teaspoon of lemon juice and sweetener (we suggest honey) to the tumbler. Serve chill to beat the heat of summer. For a better taste, refrigerate the drink for 4-6 hours before having.
To garnish, add chopped mint leaf to the rim of serving glass and a slice of lemon.
- Lemongrass has anti-inflammatory benefits, which may help stop or slow down inflammation-causing cells or other markers in your body. It is also known to reduce stomach bloating.
- Studies have revealed that lemongrass does aid in digestion, and boosts the digestive power of one’s body. This may help you in weight-loss.
- Lemongrass has diuretic properties that cleanse your renal system, clearing your body of impurities and excess water.