Its been raining in Kolkata since yesterday, and while I was stuck at a friends place, unable to leave because of the rain all I craved for was a cup of chai and some cookies to go with it. But you know what is better than that? A combination of the two. Chai spiced cookies, here is a recipe that I will be trying over the weekend.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tsp chai tea
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla in a large bowl with a mixer until smooth. In another bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, ginger, fennel, cardamom, and tea. Add to butter mixture and beat on low speed until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set 1-tbsp. balls of dough 1 in. apart on sheets and flatten slightly with a floured glass.
3. Bake until cookies are light golden on undersides, 15 to 18 minutes, switching pan positions halfway through baking. Transfer to racks to cool.
Source: My Recipes